14 July 2017

Jesus Saved Me From Drowning at Sunway Lagoon | Childhood Testimony


My family and I went on a vacation to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, but I don't recall exactly how old I was at the time. It's remarkable how I can remember these details, just like my previous testimony about "bullying." I believe it must be part of God's plan for me to testify.

One day, we visited Sunway Lagoon, and as kids, we were filled with excitement. My parents were taking a break somewhere, and my siblings and I ventured off on our own to explore the pool park and find fun things to do. We didn't receive much parental supervision, perhaps because they thought we would be safe with many people and lifeguards around. 

I found myself in the kiddy pool, which wasn't very deep, just above my chest. I remember playing and having a great time until I decided to dive underwater. However, as I tried to swim back up, I became fearful and struggled. The floor was slippery, and I couldn't maintain my balance. I was on the verge of losing my breath when suddenly, I felt someone pulling me up. 

My memory ends there, and I don't recall what happened next, but I believe I continued to have fun without realizing the danger I had been in. As I grew up as a new born Christian recently, I was engaged in a prayer meeting with a friend and my husband. We were sharing our testimonies, and I recounted the story of someone pulling me out at Sunway Lagoon, though I couldn't remember who it was. My friend smiled and likened it to the story of Peter being at sea with Jesus.

To be honest, I was surprised and delighted when he made that connection. It made me realize that Jesus constantly seeks to draw closer to me spiritually, always being there for me. Reflecting on this memory now, I understand that we shouldn't let our faith waver. Despite our doubts clouding our minds, what brings me joy is that no matter how far we may sink into the depths, Jesus is always there to lift us up, even when our faith is small.